The catchpit effectively provides a sealed sump manhole, a monolithic precast concrete unit fitted with connector seals, which can be used to connect to the following types of pipe: uPVC, twinwall, clay, ductile iron and concrete. The catchpit is designed to accommodate pipe sizes DN150 to DN1200 and is in line with highway specification.
1. Creates an immediate watertight structure
2. Prefabricated off-site (minimising on-site labour and costs)
3. Quick and efficient to install
4. Accommodates connection to all types of pipe used in road and manhole construction
5. Safety benefits gained in the construction of manholes as the pre-formed sump and connect seals eliminate on-site construction, thus greatly reducing labour activity within the manhole
6. Quality is greatly increased as construction is within the factory environment and complies with BS EN 1917 and BS 5911
7. Yields environmental benefits such as lower carbon footprint, less concrete used on-site and less excavated material removed from site